In the wake of Benno Werth and its subtractive-casting method with which, inter alia, Forms with complex undercuts can be produced in a casting process, builds Gisela Engeln-Müllges their multifaceted sculptures made of aluminium and bronze. Skylines, walls, balls, but also large styles determine their work. A formidable complexity distinguishes the sculptures. Variations in the surfaces and structures, interruptions and easy direction changes give the work an appearance of effortless ease.
Even in painting goes Gisela Engeln-Müllges new ways. Spirals, grids, circles and tiny, reminiscent of landscape areas determine their painting. Recessed one in the painting, discovers itself to new levels and structures. A large number of layers of paint (oil on canvas) one gets the impression of being able to recognise the physical reality of space. Pictures of sensual depth are the product of this development process.
1940 – Born in Leipzig (Sachsen).
1958 – High School in Leipzig, after temporary assignments in different professions 1961 escape from East Germany.
1961-1967 – Studied mathematics at RWTH Aachen University, mathematician.
1971 -Promotion to Dr. rer. nat. awarded the Borchers Medal RWTH Aachen.
1967-1982 – Assistant professor, senior engineer and Academic senior counsellor at the RWTH Aachen.
1982 – Professors in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics at the FH Aachen.
1991-2005 Vice-Rector for Research and deputy rector at FH Aachen.
1992 – Award of Merit.
1997-2003 – Member of the Science Council of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Seit 2008 – Chairman of the University Council of the Fachhochschule Münster and a member of the Council of the FH Aachen, their deputy since 2013 Chairperson.
Gisela Engeln-Müllges was life interested in art and studied after her retirement five semesters of art history at the RWTH Aachen University.
In the artistic field, she worked closely with Prof. Benno Werth. Benno Werth (1929-2015) was a sculptor, painter, draftsman and cityscape designer and professor of Fine Arts at the College of Education and at the Fachhochschule Aachen. He invented in 1962 the so- called negative mould and the casting process for metals. This procedure also Gisela Engeln-Müllges works. She was nearly 21 years, his student, assistant and companion. Your own art is his best and greatest legacy for them.
- Painting and sculpture, an homage to Benno Werth. Stadtmuseum Riesa with Benno Werth collection, 14.09.-02.11.2014, solo exhibition
- Solo exhibition “spaces”. Painting and sculpture. [Kunstraumno.10], Mönchengladbach, 12.-04.26.2015
- International art fair Art Monaco 2015 Articblue Gallery Ibiza. Monaco, Grimaldi Forum, 09.-07.12.2015
- ST’ART (ART Strasbourg), European Contemporary Art Fair, on the state of the Centre Culturel Franco-Allemand Foundation (CCFA), 27-30.11.2015.
- 15 years [kunstraumno.10]. [Kunstraumno.10], Mönchengladbach, 10.-31.01.2016, GroupSolo exhibition at the gallery “Radial Art Contemporain”, Strasbourg, France, 23.01.-02.11.2016
- Solo exhibition at the gallery “Radial Art Contemporain”, Strasbourg, France, 23.01.-02.11.2016ART Karlsruhe, International Art Fair for Classical Modern and Contemporary Art, at the stand of the Centre Culturel Franco-Allemand Foundation (CCFA), 18th-21.02.2016
- ART Karlsruhe, International Art Fair for Classical Modern and Contemporary Art, at the stand of the Centre Culturel Franco-Allemand Foundation (CCFA), 18th-21.02.2016Solo exhibition at the Foundation Centre Culturel Franco-Allemand (CCFA). Karlsruhe, 04.03.-01.04.2016
- Solo exhibition at the Foundation Centre Culturel Franco-Allemand (CCFA). Karlsruhe, 04.03.-01.04.2016Solo exhibition at the gallery “IPOMAL”, Landgraaf, The Netherlands, 15.01.-02.19.2017
- Solo exhibition at the gallery “IPOMAL”, Landgraaf, The Netherlands, 15.01.-02.19.2017